When the California Center for Rare Diseases at UCLA opens its doors, it will become a destination of hope for patients and their families who have struggled to find a diagnosis and treatment for [...]
When her doorbell rang at 4:30 in the morning on March 28, Camile Collins was getting ready to leave for her daily commute from Lake Elsinore in Riverside County to Westwood. It is, by any measure, a miserable drive, taking up to three hours — assuming there’s no accident or [...]
- Prestigious Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) award acknowledges exceptional use of health care information technology.
- Multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, social workers, and professionals in IT, behavioral health, communications and performance excellence join forces to improve patient care.
- A combination of integrated technologies has resulted in a four-fold increase [...]
Hospital social workers help patients and loved ones through difficult medical situations and facilitate communication with care teams.
Social workers play a pivotal role at UCLA Health, helping patients and loved ones navigate challenging medical situations. They advocate for patient rights; provide education about conditions, treatments and available community [...]
UCLA Health Volunteer Services has launched a new birthday program to help brighten the day for patients who would probably prefer to be spending their birthdays somewhere else. For adult patients who consent to be recognized on their birthdays, [...]
- Agreement marks UCLA Health’s first significant venture into international hospital consulting that engages faculty and staff.
- UCLA Health planning, design and construction experts advise architectural firm to ensure best patient flow inside hospital.
- Human resources advises on talent acquisition.
UCLA Health continues to serve as an By • April 15, 2019
- Transition-to-work program, Project SEARCH, provides classroom instruction and hands-on job training.
- Student interns rotate to different departments every three months to learn new job skills.
- Program seeks departments interested in having a student intern.
- Launched in July 2017, the UCLA [...]