ICYMI: Our most-read stories of 2021
Variants, vaccines, artificial kidney topped the list
2021 was another year dominated by COVID-19 – the roller coaster of a pandemic that continues to have a firm grip on our health and well-being.
And people wanted information.
Whether it was about the virus, the vaccines, the variants, the surges or the safety protocols, there was great interest in staying up to date.
But it wasn’t all coronavirus. Readers also wanted to learn about the flu vaccine, leading-edge medical advancement and generally how to be their healthiest selves.
In case you missed them, here are our top 10 articles from 2021:
- 10. Back to the classroom: A decline in COVID-19 cases has L.A. County schools returning to in-class sessions
- 9. Remote workers prepare for return to a different kind of office space as pandemic eases
- 8. You’ve gotten the COVID-19 vaccine – now what? Is it safe to return to a normal routine?
- 7. California reopened June 15: Here’s what changed
- 6. Understanding omicron, the new COVID-19 variant
- 5. COVID-19 vaccine uses different technology than flu shot
- 4. Artificial kidney could supplant dialysis, the decades-old standard treatment for kidney failure
- 3. Delta variant: Here’s what you need to know about the COVID-19 mutation
- 2. Here’s what you need to know about a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine
- 1. What to expect from the second dose of the coronavirus vaccine