Yes, There’s a UCLA App for Mindfulness
With the easy-to-use UCLA Mindfulness app, you can practice mindful meditation anywhere, anytime, with guidance from the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center.
Scientific research shows mindfulness can help manage stress-related physical conditions, reduce anxiety and depression, cultivate positive emotions and help improve overall physical health and well-being.
Mindfulness is the practice of training the mind to be present through moment-to-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, body sensations and environment. Mindfulness promotes an attitude of openness, curiosity, and a willingness to be with our experience. Through regular practice, taught through this app, you can develop a meditation practice and learn to bring more mindfulness into your daily life.
This app offers:
- Basic meditations, in both English and Spanish, to help you get started.
- Wellness meditations for people suffering from challenging health conditions.
- Informative videos explaining how to begin, supportive meditation postures and the science of mindfulness.
- Weekly podcasts from UCLA's Hammer Museum -- a 30-minute meditation on different themes you can search for and bookmark.
- A timer to meditate on your own.
Find it on the App store under UCLA Mindful