Photo credit: Getty Images
The 11th Congress of the International Society of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics will take place September 16-19, 2017, at UCLA Luskin Conference Center.
The conference will feature presentations from international researchers about how genes and nutrients impact health and disease.
Conference topics will include: diet and the microbiome; genes, nutrients, and cancer; the future of medicine; multi-omics approaches; longevity and metabolism; and translational and educational aspects.
Dr. Zhaoping Li, director of the UCLA Center for Human Nutrition, serves as co-chair of the event's local organizing committee.
UCLA experts who will give presentations at the conference include:
- Dr. David Heber: "Prebiotics and Metabolism" and "Nutrigenomics and Nutrigenetics: The Next Frontier"
- Jake Lusis: "Pervasive Gene-By-Diet Interaction: A Systems-Based Approach in Mice"
- Dr. Joseph Pisegna: "High Protein Diets to Treat Chronic Diseases"
- Dr. Jonathan Braun: "Bioactive Microbiome Metabolites in Chronic Inflammatory Diseases"
- Elaine Hsiao: "Interactions between the Gut Microbiome and Nervous System in Health and Disease"
- Dr. Zhaoping Li: "Defining the Impact of Dietary Influences on the Microbiome: Challenges and Opportunities"
- Dr. Orian Shirihai: "Impact of Nutrients on Mitochondrial Quality Control"
- William Barrington: "Metabolic Responses to Dietary Patterns Differ with Genetic Background in Mice"
- Jieping Yang: "Effects of Prebiotic Fiber Xylo-oligosaccharides in Adenin Induced Nephropathy in Mice"
- Karin Michels: "Epigenetics and Microbiome as Mediators of Diet and Development"
- Dr. Vijaya Surampudi: "Personalized Nutrition: Creating a Lifetime of Wellness"
For more information and to register for the conference, visit the conference's website.
dr zhaoping li, News & Insights, nutrigenetics, nutrigenomics, nutrition